Through My Window is a free multimedia engineering curriculum for grades 4-8 that:
- Uses story to engage learners’ imaginations
- Helps children transcend stereotypes and promote STEM identity
- Integrates STEM and literacy
- Illustrates how engineering impacts our lives and society
- Features modern, relevant engineering concepts such as the limits of machine intelligence, bioengineering, and design thinking
- Helps learners develop 21st century skills like collaboration and creativity
Through My Window includes three components:
A full-length STEM mystery novel called Talk to Me introduces children to engineering concepts like engineering design, engineering ethics, and artificial intelligence (AI). Diverse, realistic characters featuring strong female leads appeal to girls and boys! Learn more.
Interactive, story-based online modules allow children to more deeply explore the engineering topics introduced in Talk to Me. Learn more.
Interactive, idea-centered activities with hands-on elements support engineering concepts introduced in the book and learning adventures. Learn more.
Contact us to learn how Through My Window can be implemented in your school or program!